Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Emma Highfield

www.emmahighfield.com
Physical Address:  Auckland
Operating Since:  October 2009

What are you all about?  
What kind of clothes do you make?
The Emma Highfield lingerie and sleepwear brand is fun, feminine and flattering; designed and handcrafted in New Zealand with an emphasis on high quality, non-mass produced garments.  I currently construct all garments myself in my home-based studio & love that I have complete control over every element of the design, pattern-making and construction process.

Who sells your clothes?  Can we buy them online?
All garments are currently sold online here or via my Etsy store.

What price range are your clothes in?
NZ$30 - $120

Why do you think NZ clothing labels outsource their manufacturing overseas?
I believe one of the main contributing factors is the cost.

What could the Government do to help clothing labels keep it in NZ?
Offer young designers and small businesses grants and scholarships & help establish mentor programs and internships with established designers.  
There needs to be an incentive.

Anything to add?
Love the job you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment