Sunday, June 17, 2012

Love Love Lorelei

www.lovelovelorelei.blogspot.com
facebook.com/lovelovelorelei
twitter.com/lovelovelorelei
www.etsy.com/shop/lovelovelorelei
Physical Address:  Wellington
Operating Since:  I have been making clothes since I was little and used "Lorelei" as a label name for over ten years.  "Love Love Lorelei" has slowly evolved and has been going steady in its current incarnation since 2008.

Lorene Harris
What are you all about?
What kind of clothes do you make?
It's all about the romance and fun of dressing up for me; the little aspects of fantasy and whimsy that can be added to everyday life by embracing that.  I'm also very passionate about quality and just really hate the idea of throwaway trashy fashion; not just for the style of it but for the detrimental effects it has on the industry, the environment and quality of life for both the producers of those garments and the end users.

I make all kinds of everyday women's garments that are a little bit dressy or special without really being formal but I'm known for my dresses.  I love vintage-style colourful prints - it's always the fabric that really attracts me at first when I'm looking to make something new.  Love Love Lorelei garments always have a hint of nostalgia and girlyness & sometimes I take that to the next level and just make the cutest thing I can think of.

Who makes your clothes?
I make everything myself in my home studio; it's pretty small scale at the moment.  

Who sells your clothes?  Can we buy them online?
Love Love Lorelei is stocked in the Swonderful boutique in Wellington and Salisbury Boutique in Dunedin.  I also have an online Etsy store and I do private sales through my Facebook page.  I am always happy to make my designs up to measure or in a different fabric choice so sometimes my customers get in touch with me directly, which I love as it's so personal.

What price range are your clothes in?
About $130 for simple tops up to $300ish for a fancy frock.

Why do you think NZ clothing labels outsource their manufacturing overseas?
Cost of production though I always think it must be such a hassle to deal with.  The manufacturing industry here in New Zealand has been slowly disappearing as a result of everyone outsourcing too, so I guess we have less capacity to produce garments on a large scale even if demand did grow back again.  I'm not really that clued up about larger scale manufacturing, having always preferred a more personal (and smaller risk) business model.

No comments:

Post a Comment